Join the Project Jonah Team
24 April 2013
Marketing and Communications Intern
We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic individual with a passion for marketing and communications. You will provide valuable communications support, including contributing to online web and social media development. You will also help to generate positive PR and create other communications materials to help boost income and awareness among potential supporters.
An ability to adapt a story to fit with our current brand “voice” is the key to success in this role. With good writing skills you will be a confident communicator who is able to liaise with people from all backgrounds by email, phone and face to face and will have the ability to translate project ideas into stories that can inspire and motivate and be easily understood.
Your skills will include familiarity with social media channels, Photoshop and Microsoft programs.
As a great team player you will make an important contribution to a small team operating with limited resources. Previous experience is desirable although not essential, as is a passion for making positive social and environmental change.
- Assist with the distribution of effective and timely supporter email communications
- Developing digital media communications for both existing and upcoming campaigns
- Uploading, editing and formatting website content
- Create content relating to our core message for social media channels
There may be opportunities to take on a specific project for the right candidate as well as opportunities to get involved and assist with Project Jonah events in addition to the above duties.
This is a voluntary position and is unpaid.
Ideally you will be able to commit a minimum of two days a week over a three month (or longer) period, however we are flexible and will consider all applicants.
What we offer
How to apply
- In exchange for your energy and commitment, we offer mentorship and valuable work experience
- The chance to gain an insight into the running of a passionate and environmentally focussed New Zealand charity
- The opportunity to develop valuable marketing and communications skills
- References can be supplied on successful completion of a three month period
- Based in Central Auckland (Mount Eden) with unlimited amounts of tea, coffee and biscuits and a very friendly team!
Please send your CV and covering letter to Daren Grover, General Manager, at email: email@example.com
. In your covering letter please outline why you’re interested in this internship opportunity. Applications close Friday 7th June. Shortlisted candidates must be available for interview (in person or via Skype) the following week.