Here at Project Jonah, fundraising is a vital part of our everyday work, but we can always use your help. Lead the charge by getting sponsored to participate in an event or organise one of your own. With a little hard work and some imagination, together we can achieve our fundraising goals.
We always welcome your ideas; however, here are some suggestions to get you started:
- Get active: Have friends or co-workers sponsor your participation in a 10k walk/run/bike ride (find listings for upcoming events here)
- Eat well: Host a vegetarian barbeque or picnic in your neighbourhood park (with gold coin donation for participants)
- Embrace your inner daredevil: Get friends to sponsor you bungee jumping or skydiving (even better if done in-costume)
- Have a movie night: Host a home screening of a film that features marine mammals (we love Blue Planet, Ocean Giants, and Big Miracle)
- Shed some weight: Have friends sponsor each kilogram you lose this summer
- Test your knowledge: Host a trivia night
- Get your bake on: Challenge your office/class/peers to a creative bake off and auction off your creations to determine the winner
- Wear your onesie: Get the office or your class to dress up in theme with a donation asked to participate
- Celebration with a difference: Instead of gifts to celebrate your special day (birthday, wedding etc) ask your friends to make a donation to help protect New Zealand's marine mammals instead.
Let us know what you’re planning. We’re happy to help out wherever possible to guarantee your event is a hit.
Note: Please make sure you have secured permission from any companies and/or individuals involved with your event (supermarket staff, venue managers, etc) to ensure a successful fundraiser!